OneOps Releases 2016 Q1
Wow - what a busy quarter we had! Of course our highlight was the open sourcing of OneOps, but we did not rest
after either. As you can see below we introduced many new features with a weekly release cycle.
- Java 8 support added for solrcloud.rb
- Cloud RDBMS pack available
- Added JBoss version 6.4.0
- Kafka 0.9.0.1 available
- Added Carbonate tool to Graphite pack
- Added kafka-hdfs pack
- Added configurable repo path for main source Apache pack.
- Added Dependency download to user
- Ability to define pack level defaults for platform attributes like auto replace or auto scale configuration.
- add auto-start and monitoring for memcached
- cargovan-storm updated
- OS package update action is available.
- Platform diagram in design phase moved to a dedicated tab
- Delete environment button now moved from Summary to Configuration page view
- Added storm version 0.10.0
- RHEL/CentOS 6.7 is now available and Default to Cloud setting is pointed to 6.7 image
Open Source release for packs:
- Added thrift protocol in secGroup
- Added new Redisio version 3.0.4 and 3.0.7
- Added support for Graphite 0.9.15
- New Settings tab added to assembly view. Delete assembly button moved under this tab.
- secondary_down boolean flag added to Daemon component. This ensures alerts are received if flag is turned ON and
secondary cloud daemon instances are UP.
- Apache Cassandra version 2.1.12 is available
- Enabled Ganglia monitoring in lola-spark pack
- Upgraded zookeeper jdk to 8
- Added SolrMonitoring pack
- Custom Monitoring
- Collapsable banner
LB horizontal scaling:
- Every existing environment platform will undergo compute/fqdn/lb component update associated with any deployment
Auto healing flags moved from environment configuration in transition to platform in operate phase:
- 3 new buttons are now visible on platform operation
page[auto-repair, auto-replace and auto-scale(visible only to redundant platforms)]
- The flags can no longer be configured on environment create/update
- This allows certain platforms to have auto replace enabled e.g web based platforms like tomcat while others can
keep them disabled e.g. data based platforms like Couchbase
- Only auto-repair will be turned ON by default for all platforms.
- Security: User session inactivity timeout of 30mins
- Security: Only one simultaneous session is allowed
- Notification graph now available on assembly, environment operation pages along with notification report page
- Improved performance of page loading
- Pagination for notification report with ability to filter on text in the subject as well as in the body
- Added new ‘oneops’ source.
- Users now have option to choose from 3 sources(main, oneops and walmartlabs) while creating new platform
- The new ‘oneops’ source is the only source available to OneOps opensource
- This source will eventually replace entire ‘main’ source.
- Migration plan from main to oneops source will be announced separately
- added Ruby component to jenkinsslave pack
- new php version 5.5.30 available
- optional hostname component is available to all packs
- new es version 2.1.1 available
- Added MirrorMaker Lag monitoring
OneOps Team Blog
Whether we are planning an event, make a new release available, present at a conference or user group meeting or have something cool to share. The OneOps Team Blog here is the place to be for the latest news and more on OneOps.
You might also be curious about what happens In The Press and Elsewhere.
But now, here is the latest from the OneOps team - unless you want to see it all in the archive.