A number of events in an organization in OneOps can trigger notifications. These events include deployments, monitors, scale and repair actions.
Notifications can be sent to a number of receiving notification sinks including simple URLs, Jabber, Amazon SNS and Slack.
To set up and configure notifications, follow these steps:
- Access the settings for the desired organization
- Click Settings under the specific organization in the left hand navigation
- Alternative click on the settings icon in the header
- Select the notifications tab.
- Press the Add button on top of the list of notifications to create a new notification sink.
- Or click on the name of a specific notification sink in the list to access its configuration in the Details section on the right. Pressing the Edit button allows you to change the configuration.
- Provide all desired values and press Save.
Each notification sink includes a number of generic as well as type-specific configuration settings. The type is selected as a first action when creating a new notification sink.
The generic settings are:
- The required name of the notification sink.
- Global - Description:
- Optional description for the notification sink
- Fine-grained control over which messages are sent is possible with filtering enabled. You can configure filters with criteria such as _Event Type_, _Severity Level_, _Environment Profile Pattern_, _NS Paths_, _Monitoring Clouds_ and _Message Pattern_. Typically filtering should be enabled so that specific the notification sync is not flooded by all events for the organization. Instead it can be filtered to e.g. only receive specific events for a specific assembly with a combination of the available criteria.
- Message can be transformed before they are sent
- Dispatching - Message Dispatching:
- Configure to use synchronous or asynchronous mechanism for dispatching event messages.
You can select multiple notification sinks to similar targets with different filters to achieve the desired verbosity and message frequence.
Type-specific configuration and usage is explained in the the sink specific sections: