Apache HTTP Server Pack
The main components involved are:
- the website component for the actual content
- the Apache HTTP Server component for the server configuration
- the compute component
Running a website with Apache HTTP server can be implemented with a few simple steps:
- Create a platform with the apache pack.
- Inspect and optionally configure the apache component of the platform.
- Configure the website component
- Use the attachments tab:
- Provide a Source URL that points at an archive file with the contents of your website
- The Destination Path determines the temporary location of the archive.
- Use Execute Command to configure how to extract the archive file.
- The content is downloaded with root ownership and 600 permissions.
- Add commands to ensure the webserver user (typically
apache) can access the files with
chmod. 5 Configure the Run on Events to determine, when the content should be downloaded. Recommended values are After Add, After Replace, After Update, On Demand. 6.Commit the design changes and proceed with deployment as usual.
Apache HTTP Server does not automatically restart if you make additional changes & deployments after the initial deployment. Ensure to restart the webserver in operations to load any content changes.
There are two options for configuring HTTPS. Options 1 terminates SSL at the load balancer and the traffic is only encrypted to the load balancer and is clear text from load balancer to web server.
The more advanced Option 2 encrypts the traffic all the way to the web server and its configuration follows below.
General tips about SSL certificate usage can be found in the certificate component documentation.
After configuring the Apache HTTP Server platform you need to obtain a valid certificate with the following characteristics:
- Include Private Key: Enabled
- Include Root Chain: Enabled
- Chain Order: End-entity first
- Format: Base64 (OpenSSL)
- Password: create a password
- Change the the Listen Port on the website component to 443 and enable SSL.
- Turn Enable TLSv1 the configuration of the apache component off and remove 80 from the Listen Ports.
- Add the certificate details in design to use the same certificate for all environment, or in transition for each environment separate as desired.
- Add a lb-certificate and certificate component and configure the certificate. 6.Commit the design changes and proceed with deployment as usual.