Deploy an Environment
To deploy an environment, follow these steps:
- Click deploy.
- The deployment plan is created and the event is published.
- The Controller reacts on the “new deployment” event, changes the deployment state to “in progress”, and dispatches Workorders from step 1 to Inductors.
- The inductors consume the Workorders.
- Call provider API instantiates the Compute, Storage, etc.
- After the compute is up, there is an ssh remote execution of Chef recipes to deploy software, configuration, monitors, etc.
- The inductor sends the Workorder result back to the Controller to update the CMS.
After all Workorders from step 1 are successfully processed, move to the next step.
Metrics and Logs are collected (via flume) to Cassandra.