Deploy Multiple Clouds in Parallel
- Cloud priority is used during a deployment plan generation to determine the deployment step order.
- Ordering of steps happens based on an ascending order of priority.
- Cloud priority can be defined per platform on the transition platform page.
- By default, all cloud priority is set to:
- 1 for cloud names ending with odd number
- 2 for cloud names ending with even number.
Use discretion when updating the priority before deployment.
- All primary clouds are executed before secondary ones.
- The cloud priority field allows any numeric value.
If all primary clouds have the same priority, then all the changes in that platform will be deployed in parallel. For example: if the Tomcat platform across all the primary clouds has the priority of 1, then all the Tomcats get updated at the same time.
Edit Cloud Priority
- In the Transition view, go to the environment.
- Select the platform.
- From the list of clouds for the platform, click the list icon on top, right side of the cloud and select Cloud deployment order.
- To set the ordering of cloud for deployment, enter a numeric value.
All primary clouds are executed before secondary ones.