Email Notification Relay
OneOps introduced notification relays at environment level. A notification relay allows notification filtering and routing configuration for a given environment. All notification for a given environment will be matched against existing environment relays for filtering based on source, severity, subject/text and ns path to specified list destination addresses.
edit environment->relay tab
Additional Information on Relay
- There is a default relay available to all environments, which route alerts to assembly owner. Users have the privilege to delete default relay
- Environment can have multiple relays.
- Relay can be enabled/disabled.
- Destination Email: comma list of email addresses to be alerted
- **Severity Filters:
- **Source Filters:
- NS Path: blank nspath defaults to all notifications for the environment. Additional nspath can be added for platforms specific notification e.g
- ////manifest// -> bulk action notification
- ////bom// -> single operation notification
- Message Pattern: Regexp to match against subject or text of notification. If blank notifications will not be filtered
- Component Correlation: If this flag is turned on, email notifications will be sent only at the state change of component. Suppose tomcat component has 20 instances and 5 instances are flipped to unhealthy state.
- One email will be sent:
- When state of first few instances changes to unhealthy
- All instances get recovers back to good state
- No email will be sent:
- If one or more instances under this component go unhealthy
- If one or more instances recover from unhealthy state however some continues to remain unhealthy
- For repair action execution
Relay configuration management is available as “relays” tab on the environment transition edit page.